Title: Marketing Associate
Reports to: Director, Creative
Job Summary: The Marketing Associate is responsible for assisting in the development and coordination of marketing strategies and campaigns across a variety of policy areas in conjunction with the marketing team and other key departments across Heritage. The position will also assist the Marketing Manager in developing and executing paid advertising and marketing efforts and conducting market research projects to support the objectives of the marketing team. The Marketing Associate ensures adherence to Heritage’s brand standards throughout these activities.
- Assist in the development of marketing plans, campaign strategies, and promotional materials.
- Develop knowledge of Heritage resources (including reports, videos, etc.) in order to select appropriate promotional materials to be utilized in campaigns and distributed at events, conferences, etc.
- Identify marketing needs/opportunities and propose the development of new products to meet those needs; determine/define target audience(s) and desired goals for products; and work with both internal team members and/or outside consultants (such as writers or graphic designers) to create products.
- Assist in writing and coordinating promotional copy for Heritage print, video, and digital products.
- Assist in all phases of the market research process from design to utilization, including questionnaire development, coordinating with vendors, cleaning and analyzing data, and preparing and editing reports.
- Translate market research data into actionable marketing concepts and tactics.
- Establish and track outcome measures associated with individual projects as well as overall goals.
- Assist with ShopHeritage product development, monitor ShopHeritage inventory and assist with “pop up” sales at Heritage headquarters or at donor events.
Education: BA/BS minimum.
Experience: A minimum of 2-4 years of advocacy, public policy marketing, and/or media relations experience
Communication: Must have strong written and verbal communication skills. An articulate advocate of Heritage’s vision and mission.
Computers: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Internet skills.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of the legislative process and major policy debates.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Team player with an ability to foster cooperation across multiple departments.
- Experience working in and a strong commitment to creating a high-performance, results-driven culture.
- Commitment to getting the job done and willingness to work hours required.
- Demonstrate an interest in strategy and project management execution.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Mature and discreet.
- Hard working, resourceful, creative, and organized with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to provide and receive direction and feedback.